Error TF84037: There was a problem initializing the Microsoft Excel Team Foundation Addin. Re-installing the Team Foundation Client may be required.
Office 2003 .Net programmability support is not installed. You need to modify your installed version of Office and install this option. I thought we had a better error message for this…
1. In Add/Remove programs, locate your Office application and select it.
2. Click on the ‘Change’ button
3. Select ‘Add or Remove features’ and click ‘next’
4. Select ‘Choose advanced customization of applications’ and click ‘next’
5. In the tree view, expand ‘Microsoft Office Excel’ and make sure the .NET Programmability Support option is set to ‘run from my computer’.
6. Click ‘update’.