When publishing or refreshing tasks in Microsoft Project, there is a mapping file that specifies how the fields in each task are mapped to fields in Team Foundation. Also the mapping file controls the publishing behavior, and designates special fields that display additional information, such as the context field.
You can customize the behavior when tasks are published or refreshed. You can change which fields in Team Foundation are mapped to Microsoft Project fields. You can control if fields are only published, or both published and refreshed. And you can designate special fields that are the links and attachments, context field, and synchronization field.
- The Microsoft Project Field Mapping File
- Describes the Microsoft Project mapping file and explains the XML syntax with examples.
- Field Mappings in Microsoft Project
- Provides specific support information for understanding how Team Foundation fields and Microsoft Project fields can be mapped.
- How to: Download or Upload a Microsoft Project Field Mapping File
- Explains how to download or upload the Microsoft Project field mapping file for a team project.
- How to: Change How Fields are Mapped to Microsoft Project
- Explains how to change field mappings in the Microsoft Project field mapping file.